Comments following Flood Forum meeting of 19/10/2020
We live on Pond Close and were flooded in December 2013. I strongly support Mr John Seymour, our neighbour regarding his comments during the meeting.
Due to my work commitments I have not been able to attend the meeting in the past. I might be wrong but -
1) It is very stressful physically and mentally when we have long spell of rain with the fear of re- flooding. It appears that very little progress has been made in the last 7 years with any positive action.
2) Recent 3 stage proposal put forward should be implemented and get on with it. I do understand that they are all interlinked, but sooner with start work better the outcome. I hope it is not abandoned.
3) Those whose properties were not flooded appears complacent and not willing to be part of improving the water flow.
4) If I remember well at every forum and meeting Enviormental agency - based at Chichester are dragging their feet as they are always not coming up with any commitment and have been referring to their senior personnel or solicitors.
5) I am worried with all new developments coming within Loxwood with no concrete plans to manage drainage and surface water.
One can go on but this should at least get some action in place